Haryana Civil Service exam
The Haryana Civil Service exam i.e. HCS exam is a combined competitive test. The Haryana State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination is performed by the HPSC for employing officials in a variety of departments of the Government. The exam is performed in two phases and comprises of the Preliminary and The Mains. Where’s the Preliminary exam contains of two papers the Mains includes a written test and a Viva Voice Test. It is held by Haryana Public Service Commission for the thought of recruiting workforce for Government posts like HCS Executive, Deputy Superintendent, Excise and Taxation officer, etc. We feel pretentious to say that Competition Guru is providing the top HCS Coaching in Chandigarh.
Harayana Civil Service Exam Highlight-
|Name of the body||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Examination level||State-level Exam|
|Main Function||Recruit candidates to serve the Government of Haryana and its allied organizations.|
|Stages of the examination||Preliminary Exam Main/ Narrative Exam Interview Test|
|Posts / Recruitment||Group A, B, and C posts|
|Language of the Exams conducted||English and Hindi|
|Job Location||Across Haryana|
To apply for Haryana Civil Services (HCS), candidates must have the following citizenship qualifications:
- The aspiring candidate should be a citizen of India, or
- A citizen of Nepal, or subject of Bhutan, on condition that he/she has a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India (GOI) in his/her favour.
|Category||Age relaxation||Maximum Upper Age Limit|
|Unreserved/ General Category||-||42 years|
|Backward Class A (BC-A) and, Backward Class B (BC-B) of Haryana only||5 years||47 years|
|Unmarried Females candidates of Haryana only||3 years||45 years|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Haryana Only.||5 years||47 years|
|Physically Handicapped of Haryana||10 years||50 years|
|Physically Handicapped of Haryana (of SC/ST)||15 years||55 years|
Graduation- A applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree from any university/ Professional Institution renowned by the Government or corresponding qualification. However, the applicant in their final year of graduation are also suitable for applying for the HCS Exam, provided that last year score sheet is available before the closing date of the exam.
The Haryana Civil Service Exam is conducted for all eligible candidates for posts such as:
- Haryana Civil Services (Executive Branch)HCS (Ex. Br.)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Excise & Taxation Officer (ETO)
- District Food & Supplies Controller (DFSC)
- Assistant Registrar Cooperative Society (ARCS)
- Assistant Excise & Taxation Officer (AETO)
- Block Development and Panchayat Officer (BDPO)
- District Food & Supplies Officer (DFSO)
- Assistant Employment Officer (AEO)
- Tehsildar (Class A)
- Traffic Manager
HCS EXAM PATTERN
The Haryana Civil Services (HCS) exam is conducted by the Haryana Public Service Commission in three stages. The nature of all the three stages is dissimilar to test the seriousness, maturity and capability of the competitor.Competition Guru Provide HCS Coaching in Chandigarh for Prelims,Mains and Interview
- Stage I : Preliminary Examination (Objective Nature)
- Stage II : Main Examination (Written/Descriptive Nature)
- Stage III : Interview (Verbal Nature)
HCS Prelims Exam (Objective Type)
|S. No||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
|2.||General Aptitude||100||100||2 hours|
Notes: There will be negative marking for each wrong answer which will be ¼ of marks of questions i.e. 0.25.
Main Examination Process
The HPSC HCS Mains Exam pattern comprises 4 papers, specifically:
HCS Main Exam Pattern (Subjective Type)
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English (including English Essay)||100||03 Hours|
|II||Hindi (including Hindi Essay) in Devanagari script||100||03 Hours|
|III||General Studies||200||03 Hours|
|IV||One optional subject||200||03 Hours|
HPSC Personality Test
|S. No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Viva-voce (Interview/Personality Test)||75|
|GRAND TOTAL||675 Marks|
HPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus
It consists of two papers i.e. General Studies & General Aptitude.
HCS General Studies Paper
It includes the following subjects:
- General Science.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
- Haryana–Economy, and people. Social, economic and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
HCS General Aptitude Paper
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude, etc. – Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
Read here for more detail on the exam pattern and syllabus.
HPSC Mains Syllabus
The Mains Exam consists of 3 compulsory papers.
- English and English Essay
- Hindi and Hindi Essay
English and English Essay Syllabus
This section is designed to examine the applicant’s knowledge of reading & comprehending the language. The topics include:
- Precis Writing
- Comprehension of given passages
- Usage and Vocabulary
- General Grammar/Composition
Hindi and Hindi Essay Syllabus
The exam will follow the Devnagri script. The topics include
- Translation of English passage into Hindi
- Letter/Precis writing
- Explanation of Hindi passage (prose and poetry) in the same language
- Composition (idioms, correction etc.)
- Essay on a specific topic. The choice of subjects will be given
HPSC General Studies Syllabus
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Current National issues and topics of social relevance.
- India and the World
- Indian Economy
- International Affairs and Institutions.
- Developments in the field of science and technology, communications and space.
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
Every year, Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) conducts the HCS examination. It is the most common competitive exam for quite a lot of administrative posts. However, with the growing level of competition and rising difficulty level of the examination, it is significant for every aspirant to avail quality HCS coaching. When availed at the best institute, HCS Coaching helps students in understanding the examination to the core and having clear and factual knowledge of the curriculum to offer your best. At Competition Guru, we are the most revered HCS coaching institute in India. With several years spent in the industry, we have gained the advantage of understanding the various tactics of imparting quality coaching to the students. Our success rate vouch for our excellence in providing high-level HCS Coaching and helping several dreaming of a government job in Haryana, turn their dream into a reality.Those aspirants who want to get 100% success in Harayana Civil Service Exam(HCS) immediately contact us 8284867867 at the given contact numbers or visit us at the given address for online or offline classes. We have several branches across the country and mainly in north india like mohali , chandigarh , pinjore , ropar , nawanshahr , jalandhar , machhiwara , panchkula , kangra , zirakpur , patiala , pundri and more. We are committed to provide quality based material and education to achieve success in the very first attempt. Past years results are the token of illuminating stars who nurtured and boosted under the umbrella of competition guru and now they are spreading their brightness of talent and skill in the realm of their own world. If you want to achieve your desired job or position in state or centeral government , join us without making a delay. We will groom your personality and skill to achieve your goal with ease. We assure you because “Assurance is the Mantra of Competition Guru.”
Tagline : HCS Coaching in Faridabad,HCS Coaching in Gurugram,HCS Coaching in Panipat,HCS Coaching in Ambala,HCS Coaching in Yamunanagar,HCS Coaching in Rohtak,HCS Coaching in Hisar,HCS Coaching in Karnal,HCS Coaching in Sonipat,HCS Coaching in Panchkula,HCS Coaching in Bhiwani,HCS Coaching in Sirsa,HCS Coaching in Jhajjar,HCS Coaching in Jind,HCS Coaching in Kurukshetra,HCS Coaching in Kaithal,HCS Coaching in Rewari,HCS Coaching in Mahendergarh etc.