Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) NET (also known as CSIR UGC NET) is a national-level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to select candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for determining their eligibility of candidates for appointment as lecturers in Indian universities and colleges. Candidates clearing the CSIR NET exam can become lecturers in the subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology only.
CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by CSIR in the following areas :-
- Chemical Sciences 2. Earth Sciences 3. Life Sciences 4. Mathematical Sciences 5. Physical Sciences 6. Engineering Sciences
CSIR NET Highlight Of Exam
|Exam Name||CSIR NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for the award of JRF or determining eligibility of candidates for appointment as lecturers|
|No. of Applicants||2,82,117 (As per December 2019 data)|
|No. of Test Takers||2,18,066 (As per December 2019 data)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
CSIR NET Eligibility: Age Limits
CSIR JRF Exam Eligibility – Required Age!
- Maximum Age – 28 years as on 1st January 2021.
- Age Relaxation – Up to 5 Years for SC/ST/OBC/ PwD/Female Applicants & 3 years in case of OBC (non-creamy layer).
CSIR NET Eligibility Criteria for Lectureship – Required Age
- There is no upper age limit in this case. Candidates from any age group can apply for lectureship.
What Is The Educational Qualification Under CSIR NET Eligibility Criteria 2020-21?
Candidates who want to apply for the CSIR NET Exam must have one of the following degrees to meet the required CSIR NET Eligibility: –
- Integrated BS-MS
- BS-4 Years
- Or an Equivalent Degree.
In the above-mentioned qualifications, candidates must satisfy the minimum percentage CSIR NET eligibility criteria which are given below: –
- For General and OBC Candidates – 55% Marks
For ST/SC/PWD Candidates – 50% Marks.
Subject Wise CSIR NET Exam Qualification
Here we have given the subject wise CSIR NET Eligibility Criteria 2021:
Life Sciences – Aspirant must have pursued academic qualification in Life Science on any other related subject only.
Physical Sciences – Candidate needs a degree of M.Sc. in Physics or BS-MS in Physical Sciences or any other equivalent degree.
Chemical Sciences – Require M.Sc./BS/B-Tech/B-Pharma degree or any other equivalent qualification in Chemistry.
Mathematical Sciences – Must have M.Sc./BS-MS/BS-4 Years/B-Tech degree or any other equivalent qualification in the Mathematics field.
Earth Sciences – Candidates must have pursued BS-MS/M.Sc./BS- 4 Years or any equivalent degree in Earth Sciences.
Other Essential CSIR NET Qualification
- Candidates, who have enrolled in MSc Courses or have completed any of the above-mentioned CSIR NET exam qualification as on the closing date of online submission of CSIR NET Application Form, can apply for the exam.
- Students who are pursuing in MSc, their result should be declared within two years of CSIR NET Certificate release date.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format of their master’s degree duly certified by the Head of Institute/Dean/Head of Department from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- Candidates who have enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program or have completed their BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree are eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- Specification of degrees (whether bachelor’s or master’s) as notified by UGC in its Gazette Notification No. F. 5-1/2013 (CPP-II) dated 5th July 2014 and as amended from time to time, shall apply.
- The CSIR NET eligibility for lectureship/ Assistant Professorship of the qualified candidates will be subjected to fulfilling of the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD Degree holders who have passed master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991 are eligible to apply for the exam.
CSIR NET Exam Pattern
The key points regarding CSIR UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern are highlighted below:
|Mode of exam||Computer based test|
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Total Question||Section A: 20
Section B: 40
Section C: 60
List of Subjects for PG & UG Courses
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the CSIR NET exam in five subjects on behalf of the Human Resource Development Group (HRDG) of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
Here is the complete list of courses and subjects for the CSIR NET Exam.
|1.||CSIR NET Life Sciences|
|2.||CSIR NET Earth Sciences|
|3.||CSIR NET Mathematical Sciences|
|4.||CSIR NET Chemical Sciences|
|5.||CSIR NET Physical Sciences|
Competition Guru is pinnacle among the various CSIR NET Coaching in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula. We are the only coaching institute in the Trinity (Chandigarh-Panchkula-Mohali) to have classes for all the subjects of CSIR-NET all levels under one roof by a team of extremely professionally qualified and experienced faculties. Our aim is to offer quality education and guidance to students. In our endeavour to impart most excellent quality education to our students, we have entered into a planned alliance with best another leading coaching institute for CSIR-NET in the region, so that most excellent faculty of both institutes should train our students in the finest way. Competition Guru has established a unique Teaching Framework and Evaluative Technique. That inter-alia includes evaluation of students by regular tests. This makes our classroom products very competent as we know forward of time the level of input required for unique scholars. We make the improvements, produce the conditions and change the world. Join Competition Guru leading coaching centre for best CSIR NET coaching in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula.