Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore). The national level test is a gateway for admission to the five-year Integrated Program in Management offered at IIM Indore. IPMAT is a combination of a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree (under the dual-degree programme) offered by IIM Indore. The programme is designed for students who wish to take up a career in managerial and business fields.
IPMAT 2022 will be held in online mode followed by a Personal Interview (PI). The programme is spread across a period of five years and consists of 15 terms. Every year constitutes three terms of three months duration.
IPMAT (Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude Test) is an aptitude test (currently) offered by 5 IIMs as of now for admission into their 5-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM).
This 5-year programme includes the MBA Programmes of the respective IIM. All of these colleges have a 3 year exit point where you can quit with a 3-year degree offered by the respective college.
Candidates who wish to get admission to the five-year integrated programme of IIM Indore must know that the programme is broadly divided into two phases; Phase I is the first three years of the programme and Phase II includes the remaining two years. Let’s take a look at the two phases in detail:
- Phase I:Phase I of the programme builds the foundation. The students are required to complete a social internship at the end of the first three years along with the classwork.
- Phase II: Phase II of the programme focuses on Business Management. The students are required to complete a business internship between the fourth and fifth year along with classwork.
IIM Indore IPM
IIM Rohtak IPM
IIM Ranchi IPM
IIM Jammu IPM
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM
IPMAT exam highlight of Exam
|IPMAT 2022 Highlights|
|Name of the exam||Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude (IPMAT)|
|Conducting body||IIM Indore|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions and short-form answers|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for correct answers
-1 mark for incorrect answer
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Number of sections||3|
- Only the Indian citizens are allowed to apply
IPMAT Eligibility: Age Limits
- You should be less than 20 years of age as of July 31st of the year you’re taking the IPMAT, in this case, IPMAT 2022. So, you should have been born after 31st July, 2001
What is the Educational Qualification under IPMAT exam Eligibility Criteria 2020-21?
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate in Class 10/SSC and Class 12/ HSC or equivalent examination in the case of General and NC-OBC category
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying examination in 2020, 2021 or in 2022
- Also, the candidate should be of maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2022
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate in Class 10/SSC and Class 12/ HSC or equivalent examination in case of SC, ST and PWD (DA) category
State Wise Eligibility Criteria for General and NC/OBC category
- Candidates applying for the exam should have obtained an aggregate of 60% aggregate in both Class 10 and Class 12 or the overall score of SAT should be 1600 out of 2400
- Candidates who will be appearing for the Class 12 examination or are waiting for the results can also apply for the examination
- The candidate should not be more than 20 years of age as on July 31, 2022
SC, ST and PWD/DA category
- Candidates applying for the exam should have obtained an aggregate of 55% aggregate in both Class 10 and Class 12 or the overall score of SAT should be 1475 out of 2400
- Candidates appearing for the Class 12 examination or are waiting for the results can appear for the examination
- The candidate should not exceed 22 years of age as on July 31, 2022
IPMAT Exam Pattern
There are a BUNCH of IPM exams for you to write now, since many IIMs have started their own IPM Programs. But usually, The IPMAT is a 2-hour computer-based exam consisting of 3 sections in a section order that is preset. They all test high school Mathematics & English, with one exam testing Logical Reasoning. As of now, there’s information only on IIM Indore’s and IIM Rohtak’s IPMAT examination. Read ahead for information about the same.
IPM Indore’s Exam Pattern
|IPMAT 2022 – Section Names||No. of Questions||Section Time|
|IPM Indore – Quantiative Aptitude (MCQ)||40 Questions||40 Minutes|
|IPM Indore – Quantitative Aptitude (SA)||20 questions||40 minutes|
|IPM Indore – Verbal Ability||40 questions||40 minutes|
|IPM Indore’s IPMAT 2022 Overall||100 Questions||2 Hours|
In short, the IIM Indore IPM exam is 2 hours long. It tests 3 sections – Quantitative Aptitude (MCQ), Quantitative Aptitude (Short Answer), and Verbal Ability (MCQ) – In total, it will have 100 questions carrying 4 marks each. Every MCQ question will carry a negative marking of -1 & short answers don’t carry negative marking.
IPM Rohtak’s Exam Pattern
|IPMAT 2022 – Section Names||No. of Questions||Section Time|
|IPM Rohtak – Quantiative Aptitude||40 Questions||40 Minutes|
|IPM Rohtak – Logical Reasoning||40 questions||40 minutes|
|IPM Rohtak – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||40 questions||40 minutes|
|IPM Rohtak’s IPMAT 2022 Overall||120 Questions||2 Hours|
In short, the IIM Rohtak IPM exam is 2 hours long. It tests 3 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability – In total, it will have 120 questions carrying 4 marks each. There will be a negative marking of -1 for every incorrect answer.
IPM Ranchi’s Exam Pattern
IIM Ranchi originally announced that they will only take in SAT scores for admission into their IPM Program in IIM Ranchi. However, they have modified their notification and have clarified that they will be considering IIM Indore’s IPMAT & JIPMAT (Joint Integrated Program in Management Aptitude test – Conducted by IIM Jammu) scores as well.
IPM Jammu & IPM Bodh Gaya Exam Pattern
There isn’t any information about the exam that’s going to get conducted by IIM Jammu and IIM Bodh Gaya for their IPM Programs.
We know for sure that there will be a common exam for IPMAT conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) called “Joint Integrated Programme in Management Admission Test (JIPMAT). That exam will be the basis of selection for the IPM Program conducted by IIM Jammu. The scores obtained in JIPMAT will also be accepted by IIM Ranchi for their IPM Program.
IPMAT Syllabus 2022
IPMAT 2022 exam question paper will consist of three sections:
- Quantitative Ability (Multiple Choice Question-MCQ)
- Quantitative Aptitude (Short Answer Question-SA)
- Verbal Ability (Multiple Choice Question-MCQ)
Some of the topics that one can expect in the question paper are as follows:
Section 1 and 2: Quantitative Ability
|Percentage||Profit and loss|
|Time and Work||Time and Distance|
|Geometry||Mixtures and Alligations|
Section 3: Verbal Ability
|Proper Usage of Words||Sentence Corrections|
|Fill in the blanks||Articles|
Competition Guru is one of the most popular and the best coaching Institutes for IPMAT Coaching In Chandigarh and other competitive exams in India. It was established in 2008 and since then has built a reputation for success and reliability. We have some excellent and highly knowledgeable faculty who have been alumni of some of the top IIMs. Students here are given personalised guidance and support. They have access to Mock tests and other online learning resources which further helps them with their preparation.
Competition Guru is the top institute for IPMAT Coaching In Chandigarh,Mohali and Panchkula. Their programs are designed by experienced faculty who have years of experience training students in preparation for IPMAT and other competitive exams. They have small batch sizes which lets its faculty give individual focus to the students. Classroom, as well as online coaching, is offered to the students here.
Competition Guru is one of the best IPMAT Coaching In Chandigarh. They provide coaching as well as mentor students and provide counselling to students to help them choose the right b-school for themselves. Competition Guru has some experienced faculty and a structured program. Students also have access to Mock tests and are provided with updated study material.Join Market leader Competition Guru for best IPMAT coaching class in Chandigarh,Mohali and Panchkula.