The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC)
The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), is an Inter-Service Category ‘A’ establishment, administered through the Director-General of Military Training, Army Headquarters DHQ PO New Delhi-110011. Originally called to the Prince of Wales Royal Indian Military College it was inaugurated on 13th March 1922. The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Services Institute and a Category ‘A’ establishment of the Ministry of Defence alongside institutions like National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. The College provides public school education to young boys in the age group of 11 1/2 to 18 years specially selected through an All India competitive examination. A dedicated feeder to the National Defence Academy and the NAVAC Academy. The College aims to send maximum boys to the NDA/NAVAC.
What is the Eligibility Criteria under RIMC Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020-21?
Age: The Admission to the College is bi-annual i.e., in January and July each year. Candidates should not be less than 11 ½ years of age or must not have attained the age of 13 years on 01 (Jan) or 01 (July) of the Term they join in. Admissions are made to Class VIII only.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must be studying in Class VII or have passed Class VII from a recognized school at the time of joining. They should also be medically fit for entry to the College, in accordance with the medical standards prescribed.
Date of Exam: Twice a year in the months of June and December
RIMC Entrance Exam Pattern
RIMC Entrance Exam consists of a Written Exam followed by Vica Voce and Medical Examination.
- The entrance test will be conducted in an offline mode (written examination).
- The question paper will be a total of 400 marks
- The question paper consists of three subjects viz. English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The exam is conducted in two phases/papers. English and Mathematics exam i.e. paper one is conducted on the first day and General knowledge i.e. paper two is conducted on the second day.
- The medium of the exam will be both Hindi and English for Mathematics and General knowledge papers.
- Candidates must score 50% to qualify for the written examination.
The written part of the examination will consist of three papers:
- The interview will be 50 marks and held for only those candidates who qualify in the written exam.
- The intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
- The candidates finally selected after the viva-voce will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC.
- The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
RIMC Exam Syllabus 2021
- Unseen Passage
- A poem
- Picture Writing
- Letter (Formal, Informal)
- Use of Nouns
- Use of Phrases Idioms, Use of Articles Types of Sentences
- Arithmetic – Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational, Real numbers fundamental operation (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division) Decimal Number, Unitary Method. Simple problems of time and distance, time and work, simple problems of percentage, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Prime and composite numbers, Test of divisibility by 2,3,4,5,6,9 and 11. HCF and LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Brackets, and removal Brackets, Changing of Units.
- Algebra – Basic operation – Adition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Simple Factors -Simple problem based on A2-B2, split the Middle term, Solution of the simple linear equation of one variable and its application. Exponents and indices (simple problems) and simple problems based on a formula.
- Geometry – Lines and Angles, Plane and plane figure, Properties of Angles at a point, parallel lines, Sides and angles of a Triangle, Construction of Triangle-based on side and angles, Bisecting the angle and line by use of ruler and compass only, Special angles by use by our rules and compasses definition and simple problem based on quadrilateral, triangles, and polygon
- Mensuration – Area and Perimeter of Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Triangle, Arc Length circumference and Area of Circle, Area of figures, Volume and surface area of cube and cuboids
- Static Gk Study Material
- Knowledge of Current affairs
- Indian geography
- Culture and history of India including freedom struggle
- Indian Polity and constitution
- Indian Economy
- General scientific and technological developments
Our Competition Guru offers RIMC Entrance Exam Coaching In Chandigarh. Competition Guru provides various services to make our students achieve success in their required field of examination. The faculty members of our Competition Guru are from the educational sectors and are highly experienced. Our RIMC Entrance Exam Coaching In Chandigarh provides study friendly environment to make learning easy for the students. The entire teaching process of our RIMC Entrance Exam Coaching In Chandigarh is learner pleasant and interactive.
Our RIMC Entrance Exam Coaching In Chandigarh offers weekly sessions to bring best outcomes in our students in the RIMC Entrance Exam. Our RIMC Entrance Exam Coaching In Chandigarh provides competitive study material that covers the latest syllabus for the upcoming examinations. The well qualified and highly experienced faculty members of our coaching also provide new methodology of learning to ease the complex subject.