About AFCAT Written Exam
Every Year Indian Air Force produces announcement twice with AFCAT 1 and AFCAT 2 for recruitment of officers in flying plus ground duty (technical and non-technical) branches through AFCAT Exam.
Age Limit: It varies according to a branch of AFCAT
- Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): Age of the candidate must be 20 – 24 years
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): Age Candidate must be 20 – 26 years
- Nationality: Nationality eligibility requires a candidate to be born in India or also must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates whose age is below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of beginning of the recruitment.
- Flying Branch: applicant must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in Maths and Physics each at 10+2 level.
- Must-Have completed Graduation with a minimum of 3 years degree in any stream from a recognized university. And also with not less than 60% marks.
Physical and Medical Standards:
This is 3rd stage in which each candidate has to qualify. The aspirant must be bodily and psychologically fit.
|EXAM-AFCAT (I & II)||Forms- December & June
• Exam-February & August
• Age Limit - 20 to 26 yrs
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||FOR FLYING BRANCH : Degree from a recognized university With 60% & 12th Passed with 60% marks in Each Physics & Maths
• For Ground Duty Technical: Degree from a recognized university With 60 % marks
• iii) For Ground Duty Non-Technical: Degree of a recognized University with Physics , Mathematics, chemistry, statistic, International Relation ,Defence studies, Psychology, computer science , IT, Management , Mass Communication etc. with a 50% marks in aggregate all papers put together in Post Graduation and 60% Marks in Graduation
|MODE OF SELECTION||• Online Written Examination conducted by Indian Air Force
• AFSB Interview by Air Force Selection Board(AFSB)
|Paper||Availability of Forms||Date of Examination|
|AFCAT-I||01-12-2018 to 30-12-2018||16-02-2019 to 17-02-2019|
|AFCAT-II||16-06-2019 to 15-07-2019||24-08-2019 to 25-08-2019|
|Reasoning & Military Aptitude||2 Hrs||105||35|
|General Knowledge||English||Numerical Ability||Reasoning|
|HISTORY||COMPREHENSION||DECIMAL FRACTION||VERBAL SKILLS|
|INDIAN POLITY||ERROR DETECTION||SIMPLIFICATION||SPATIAL ABILITY|
|SCIENCE||ANTONYMS||PROFFIT & LOSS|
|GEOGRAPHY||TESTING OF VOCABULARY||PERCENTAGE|
|CURRENT AFFAIRS||SENTENCE COMPLETION||RATIO & PRAPORTION|
Cut off marks for AFCAT-I is 150 out of 300 for AFCAT Paper-II 60 of 150 for EKT. Only those candidates who have cleared both AFCAT and EKT will be considered for Technical Branch. All candidates may login to their account to view their individual AFCAT/ EKT Marks.
Negative marking is concerned there is one-third negative marking in AFCAT 2018 exam. For every wrong answer, 1mark will be deducted as penalty.