Punjab Police is responsible for reducing crimes, and other activities in the state of Punjab. Competition Guru is a Premier Coaching Institute in Tricity and other cities in Punjab. It is known for the best police coaching institute.
Haryana Police is the law enforcement agency for the state of Haryana. Competition Guru is the leading coaching institute for Police Exams in Chandigarh. We provide complete updated study materials which are very helpful to crack the exam.
Applicants who wish to become Haryana & Punjab Police officers must be respecting all citizens. They must have courage, professionalism, and honesty while carrying out their duties. Cracking a Punjab or Haryana Police exam is not that easy. It’s very important to choose right coaching institute for Police exam. Competition Guru has many success stories in Police Exams. Also it is known the best Police Coaching Institute in Chandigarh. Join Us today.
Punjab Police Exam Pattern
Check Punjab Police Exam Pattern before going to attend the exam. Know the scheme of the examination for better preparation.
By referring the Exam Pattern, you will know which topics to concentrate more. Don’t waste your time making a proper analyzation will lead to success in the examination.
|S. No.||Exam Type||Subjects||Marks|
|1||Objective Type||General Knowledge / Awareness||100|
|6||General Mental Ability|
Every competitive exam preparation will start with the syllabus, previous papers. Follow the same pattern in your preparation to prepare well.
A. Nationality: Applicant should be a citizen of India
B. Age Limit: The minimum and maximum age for recruitment shall be 18 years and 25 years respectively.
- Relaxation in upper age limit in case of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes shall be as prescribed by the Government.
- Ex-Servicemen shall be given relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years plus the number of years of service rendered in the Defence Forces. However, the period between discharge from defence services and re-employment should not exceed 24 months (2 years).
C. Educational Qualification: The minimum educational qualification for recruitment is 10+2 in any discipline or equivalent. It is compulsory for each candidate to have passed matriculation examination with Punjabi as compulsory/ optional subject. However, in case of Ex-servicemen the minimum educational qualification will be matriculation.
D. Physical Measurement
- For Male candidates: Minimum Height- 5’ 7” (Five feet Seven Inches)
- For Female candidates: Minimum Height -5’ 3” (Five feet three Inches)
- Punjab Police SI, Constable Jobs Vacancies
- Eligibility Requirements for Punjab Police Jobs
- Syllabus For Sub Inspector Written Exam:
- About Punjab Police:
- Punjab Police Recruitments-2019
Graduation in Any Stream
From recognized University
12th passed from recognized Board
12th passed from recognized Board
|Constable||18-25 years Relaxation as prescribed by /Punjab Govt.|
|Sub-inspector||18-25 years 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and OBC 3 years to Ex-servicemen|
|Constable||Candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognized board and the Punjabi language is compulsory in 10th class for all candidates|
|Sub-inspector||Candidate must have passed 10+2 and Graduation from recognized board/University and Punjabi language is compulsory in 10th class for all candidates|
|Constable For Men For Women||Must be medically physically fit for the physical ability tests. Height 5’ 7” (MINIMUM) 1600 meter race, 3.80 Meter long jump and 1.15 Meter high jump males Height 5’ 3” (MINIMUM) 800 Meter race, 3.25 Meter long jump, 1 Meter jump respectively|
For Men For women
|Height 5’ 7” (MINIMUM) 1600 Meter race to be completed in 7 Mins. Three Chances will be given for long jump and high jump(3.80 Meter and 1.15 Meter minimum respectively)|
Height 5’ 3” (MINIMUM) 800 Meter race to be completed in 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds. Three Chances will be given to long jump (minimum 3.00 Meter) and in jump (0.95 Meter Min.)
- The candidates are selected first on the basis of educational qualifications and height measurements and merit list is prepared.
- Physical efficiency test
- Written Test.
- Physical Aptitude Test.
- Medical Examination.
- Verification of certificates & documents.
Written test will be of 100 marks candidates need to score at least 50% marks to qualify it and for SC/ST/OBS 45% marks. After written test interview of 15 marks will be taken and then the merit list is prepared.
The main subject which is listed in this Exam which is given here
- General knowledge
- History of Punjab
Punjab Police Sub- Inspector Exam pattern includes Physical Efficiency Test:-
(A) For Males:-
- Only one chance given for 1600 Meter race to be completed in 7 Mins.
- Three Chances will be given for long jump and high jump(3.80 Meter and 1.15 Meter minimum respectively )
(B) For Females:-
- Only one chance given for 800 Meter race to be completed in 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds.
- Three Chances will be given to long jump (minimum 3.00 Meter) and high jump (0.95 Meter Min.) Women who are above 35 years of age and belong to the Ex-Servicemen category will be required to walk or run 800 Meter in 8 Minutes.
Even before Independence, Punjab Police had a name in the country for effective policing and this has been continuously improving through the personal examples of its leadership supported by great traditions, discipline, and highly professional attitude.
In about 150 years of its existence, the police force in the state has faced many difficult phases. The onus of handling law and order has always been a challenge before the police mainly because of the inherent martial traditions prevailing in the state.
The reorganization process in police dates back to 1898 when the practice of appointing army officers to the post of Inspector General was discontinued. However, a sincere effort was made in 1902 by the British, in the form of Indian Police Commission, to identify the shortcomings in the police system. It was, thus, recommended that the police strength in the state may be enhanced.Setting up of the Police Training School at Phillaur in 1891, and later the introduction of fingerprint section has been among the achievements of the Punjab Police.