UGC National Eligibility Test is conducted by NTA to evaluate the eligibility of assistant professors and Junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges.
Notification for UGC NET 2019 is out!
UGC NET 2019 is being conducted on 2nd Dec to 6th Dec. The qualified candidates will be getting E-Certificates by UGC NET Bureau.
The online registration form submission starts from Sep 9th, 2019.
The last date of downloading admit cards is on 9th November
Eligibility criteria according to age
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Not more than 30 years as on 1st December 2019. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on Website www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from the appropriate authority.
- LLM Degree candidates will be permissible for three years of relaxation in age.
- 5 years of relaxation applicable for the candidates who served armed forces.
For the Assistant professor, there is no upper age limit for applying.
- Candidates must have a score of at least 55%(50% for reserved categories) in their post-graduation
- Students from the final year are also eligible to appear in the exam. Once they clear their academics exam, they will be posted as a junior research fellowship or professorship.
- Candidates who have completed their post-graduation exam before September 19, 1991and have done a Ph.D. are eligible for this exam.and they are provided with additional relaxation of 5% minimum marks in requirement.
General Category Candidates: INR 800
OBC (Non- Creamy Layer)/ EWS: INR 400
SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender: INR 200
UGC NET exam will be conducted in 263 cities this year.
The admit card will be issued on November 9th as mentioned above. Candidates can download their Admit Card only at http://ntanet.nic.in by logging in with a given registration number and date of birth. Admit card will have all the details a candidate will require like, name, roll number, photograph, signature, exam details including date, time and slot.
This exam has two papers, 1 and 2. It is a computer-based exam with multiple-choice questions. Each question carries two marks and there is no negative marking.
Paper 1 is common for all candidates. It covers teaching, reasoning, aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
Paper 2 is on the subject chosen by the candidate. The questions are way more in-depth and specific about the subject selected.
Exam duration combining both the papers is 180 minutes i.e; 3 hours.
|UGC Net Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The syllabus has been updated by NTA this year for both the papers.
Syllabus for Paper 1 :
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Communication Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration
Paper 2 syllabus will be completely subject-specific.
Exam Results will be out by December 31st, 2019. Candidates can download the results from http://ntanet.nic.in by logging in with registered number and date of birth.
Now, as we know about the information, isn’t it the time to gear up and prepare for the exam?
When it comes to government exams coaching, Competition Guru comes into the light, a renowned and the best coaching institute in Panchkula, Pinjore, Mohali, and Chandigarh. Exams which need much subjective attention requires good in-depth coaching from knowledged teachers. This implies for a commendable and intellectual faculty who is able to help the seekers learn the core concepts of the exams.
Competition Guru never compromises on the quality of the text materials and teaching patterns. With great examples and doubts clearing sessions, students consume more clear information. Supportive management will help you understand the concepts of Government exams and stand with you till you crack your dream career.
Now you know where to go to prepare for UGC NET exam! All the best!