Provincial Civil Services (PCS)
The Provincial Civil Services or State Civil Servicesexaminations are conducted by the individual states of India. The state civil services deals with subjects such as land revenue, agriculture, forests, education etc. PCS officers are recruited by different States through the State Public Service Commissions. Officers from PCS,PPS and PFS are later promoted as IAS,IPS and IFS respectively.
Tips for PCS Exam Preparations : –
- Since PCS is a civil service exam, Every candidates should be ready for a high difficulty level & be mentally prepared for putting in a good amount of hard work.
- Since these exams are the state exams,Candidates should be aware of the history & geography of the particular state.
- Though the exam is a state exam, Candidates must have basic knowledge of the country, the latest updates in the country too. Candidates must start following any national newspaper in order to keep themselves well acquainted of the happenings in and around the world.
- Candidates should pay special attention in enhancing their general knowledge.
- For the interview candidates should be well prepared with the regional language and culture.
- As the exam is conducted by UPSC the pattern remains the same, – prelims first, then the mains and then the interview. But few small states go for the mains directly.
- Also, Solving last year Question Paper will give them an idea of the pattern and make them comfortable with it.
- Guided by an experienced teacher or Institute like CGI is always better, who can direct your efforts correctly.
- Candidates practice mock papers and should keep a check on the time because with a good preparation it is very important to attempt all questions in time.
- As the syllabus is almost same, It is advisable for the students to appear for both the PCS and UPSC exams simultaneously.