PCS stands for Provincial Civil Services, PCS Exam held for the recruitment of Civil services post for particular state. These posts are under control of state government, Selected Candidates can not transferred to other state once recruited in PCS.
Cracking PCS is not easy as other competitive exams, Its very important for any candidates to select the right Coaching Institute for PCS exam.
Few tips for PCS exam Preparations.
- As we know PCS is a state exam, so it very important for candidates to be well aware of the History & Geography for the particular state.
- PCS is a Civil Service Exam, So question level of this exam is very difficult. Candidates should be ready for high difficulty level and mentally prepared for putting in a good amount of hard & smart work.
- Candidates should read newspaper on daily basis. Though this exam is a state level exam. one must have basic knowledge of the country, Latest thing happening in the country.
- Candidates should pay special attention on General Knowledge, They should be ready to learn new things every time.
- As we know PCS is a state exam, Candidate should be well aware of Languages, Culture, Traditions and custom.
- Since exam is conducted by UPSC, exam pattern remains the same. 1st Prelims, mains and then interview. Small states directly for the mains.
- It’s very important to understand the exam pattern for candidates, Candidates must solve previous year question paper.
- It’s very important to take guidance from experienced teacher. Also selecting right coaching institute for PCS exam is very important.
- Candidates must keep appearing for the mock papers and should keep a check on the time because with a good preparation it is very important to attempt all questions in time.
- It is advisable for the students to appear for both the PCS and UPSC exams simultaneously because the syllabus is almost same with a slight difference.